Is Your Loved One Suffering From A Serious Disease Or Mental Illness?

Diseases & Mental Illness lawyerIt can be heartbreaking to see a loved one succumb to the incapacitation of a serious disease or mental illness. Not only do you have to face emotional difficulties, but also important decisions regarding the care and well-being of your loved one. At this time, it may be in everyone’s best interest to appoint a guardian and/or conservator for your loved one.

Legal Protection For Family Members With Incapacitating Diseases

When a family member has an incapacitating disease or mental illness, there may come a time when he or she becomes hostile or intolerant of any recommendations for help. In these instances, a doctor or health-care provider may tell you that a guardian or conservator is necessary. However, it can be confusing to understand who can fill the role and what the responsibilities are. The truth is that these are just as much legal matters as they are family matters. To protect your incapacitated loved one and your right to care for him or her, it is vital to consult with a qualified estate planning attorney.

Finding Solutions To Difficult Elder Law Issues

At The Elder & Disability Advocacy Firm of Christine A. Alsop, LLC, we address all aspects of legal and client service. This means helping families understand all of their legal options when it comes to guardianships and conservatorships. This also means that we see the human side to every matter and will provide the compassionate support you need as we address these issues.

Those who become a guardian or conservator for another person need legal representation. This becomes even more crucial when others are trying to fill the role or the matter is contested.

It is never too soon to start thinking about long-term care and decision-making for those with Alzheimer’s, dementia, Parkinson’s disease or mental illness. Whether your loved one has just been diagnosed or you are facing an immediate crisis regarding care, we are here to help.

Learn more about guardianships and conservatorships, as well as frequently asked questions about these legal options.

Contact Our Elder Law And Disability Planning Attorneys In St. Louis, Missouri

When you must step into the role of a guardian or conservator for an incapacitated family member, we will help you make sense of the legal process. To discuss your concerns with one of our lawyers, contact us online or call 314-644-3200.

In the maze of confusion, there is a solution.